Funeral Costs and Payment
Family members often ask us up front ‘how much will the funeral cost?’ We work with each family from the outset and discuss the costs.
The cost of the funeral will depend on a number of factors which include:
- Will the funeral viewing/reposing/wake be held in our funeral home or at the family home?
- What type of coffin, casket or urn is preferred?
- Will the deceased be buried in an existing grave or new family grave?
- Will the remains be cremated?
- What type of religious service or civil service is required?
- How many death notices are required and in which media?
- Is a live recording/webcast required? Is there a choir required?
- Is/are there funeral car(s) required?
Help towards funeral costs
There are other social welfare benefits and payments which may be claimed depending on circumstances. The Citizens Information Board and/or the Department of Social Protection’s Community Welfare Service can provide information about social welfare benefits and payments which may be claimed depending on circumstances.